WHAT I DO: I help organizations fulfill their missions and achieve goals by creating or enhancing their communications plans and tactics.
ORGANIZATIONS I WORK WITH: Mostly nonprofits and faith-based organizations, primarily in healthcare and education. Clients range from organizations with $15 billion in annual revenue to less than $500,000.
MY STORY: While attending Southern Illinois University at Edwardsville, I decided to earn majors in television/radio broadcasting and print journalism. My professors said students completing a double major would always be in demand because they could write, tell stories, design publications, and produce audio and video programs. Today, organizations must utilize multiple communications tactics to tell their story and succeed.
MY BACKGROUND: I was a sportswriter for two daily newspapers for seven years, including a four-month assignment at USA Today. After working as a media relations specialist at Washington University Medical School, I began a 21-year career with the Boy Scouts of America. I guided the public relations, marketing and communications functions of the Greater St. Louis Area Council for 19 years. The department grew from a monthly tabloid newspaper and press releases sent via U.S. Mail to creating and managing Internet websites, email newsletters, social media, a video channel, and managing the 24-hour news cycle.
WHY IT MATTERS: Successful communications contributes to growth in clients (customers), volunteers, programs, services and sales or donations for your organization. Effective organizational leadership requires excellent communication. Effective organizational communication requires excellent leadership.
What’s Your Next Step?
GET A FREE CONSULTATION: Contact me to schedule a 30- to 45-minute conversation—in person, via telephone or videoconference. We’ll review your desired outcomes, analyze the effectiveness of your current communications and determine next steps.
Mueller Communications is dedicated to creating connections between people and groups and developing strategic approaches that unify people in working together to achieve a common vision.
We can serve your organization in the following areas:
- Internal communications
- Integrated marketing communications
- Crisis communications management
- Digital communications—electronic newsletters, social media strategies
- Media relations and training
- Speech writing and corporate presentations
- Special events planning and support
- Video and podcast production
- Fundraising and capital campaign communications
- Leadership development
- Strategic planning
Joe Mueller is a results-driven professional who combines strategy, passion for an organization’s work and relationship building to create connections between people and groups. He possesses experience in marketing, communications, fundraising and organizational leadership for nonprofit organizations with operating budgets ranging from $1 million to $15 billion.
We’re eager to help your organization continue to achieve its mission and develop increasingly successful strategies and plans. Contact Joe Mueller at (636) 232-7730 to schedule a free conference call or consultation.
(All calls are returned within 90 minutes if received between 8 a.m. and 5 p.m. in the central time zone.)
- Quoted in Market Wired, “Aspect Helps Renew Face of Greater St. Louis Area Council, Boy Scouts of America, With “Web 2.0″ Website Design and Development Supported by Microsoft SharePoint Server 2010”
- Quoted in Information Week article, “Is Microsoft SharePoint 2010 Right For SMBs?”
- Quoted in Techzone 360, “Aspect Develops New Website Design and Development for Greater St. Louis Area Council, Boy Scouts of America”